Saturday, July 5, 2014

Welcome to the site!

Starting this coming Monday, when my materials finally arrive, my new business venture and journey of creating handmade candles will begin. Along with my Facebook site, my plan is to document in detail the work and love being put into my creations. I would love to almost recreate what I do, step by step, for everyone to have a good feel of what learning the candlemaking business is really like. Make no mistake: I am a beginner, and I am sure I'll make some beginner mistakes.

My ultimate hope and goal is to have this be a profitable side business to myself working at my regular job. I have a chance to possibly bring my product in to my place of employment as a product we sell on the shelf if my manager likes them, and I do want to sell them with family and friends face-to-face if possible. I do enjoy candles quite a bit, as I find a lot of people do, and I hope that my products will brighten many people's homes in the near future. There are a few reasons my candles should interest you:


  • Made from 100% soy wax: a clean-burning, American produced alternative to the crude oil byproduct paraffin -- less soot with longer burn times!
  • No heavy metals or lead wicks: the wicks are a blend of cotton and plant fibers woven together to burn cleanly and be self-trimming as well!
  • Convenient metal tin: keeping a lid on your candle between burnings will prevent oxidation of the wax, while the little metal feet on the bottom of the container will protect surfaces from heat (yet, as always, candles should be carefully monitored due to fire hazards - never leave a candle unattended).
  • The fragrances available are (almost) limitless!: upon request, I can potentially find many other fragrances that are not in my main beginning stock of 8 scents -- if you want a particular scent, I can create three candles for your special order (my smallest batch size is three - buying all three is a must!).
Please, if you have any other questions or want to learn more about my upcoming process, contact me on Facebook or here on Blogger. Expect a long winded post on Monday from my first batch of candles - including pictures! I really can't wait to share the initial batch being produced with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment